FAKE Blacklist Game Code Promo - Shame on Nvidia

Stuff that does not fit elsewhere and also global news like corona or russki war
KEN
Special
Special

FAKE Blacklist Game Code Promo - Shame on Nvidia

Post by KEN »

As some might know I recently bought theNvidia GTX 760 Video Card.
Nvidia have a promo going on since July 9, 2013 and it will continue till 31st December 2013 which gives you a free $60 game code for Splinter Cell Blacklist on purchase of any new Nvidia cards(760,770,780):
1.png
You get the $60 game code for free if you buy it from any of the participating retailers and these participating retailers include Amazon, Newegg, Tigerdirect etc.
One thing to note here, newegg is only US based as far as I know and this promo is worldwide, so you cannot buy from Newegg if you're out of US but Amazon however does deliver but in bulk to some countries.
The terms and conditions of the promo are here: http://www.geforce.com/games-applicatio ... conditions
Incase they remove it:
2.png
"This offer is available for GeForce® GTX 660, 660 Ti, 670, 680, 760, 770 or 780 graphics cards only."
760 is listed there + FOR EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, AND INDIA TERRITORIES is also listed as countries where the promo applies to.

So I do pass all the requirements to get the game code, I placed order indirectly from Amazon.COM, but there was no game code included. When I contacted Nvidia about it, they checked everything over and said it should've been in the box:
[11:51:11 AM] Sonal: Yes, the code will be inside the box on a piece of paper.
[11:52:07 AM] Ken Xyro: It wasn't there. Only driver CD, DVI to VGA, molex to 6 pin power cable were included. What should I do? Should I return the card?

I dont want to return the card since there is nothing wrong with it only the game code is missing so next day I talked with another agent named Sen, talked with him for over an hour and in the end he asked me to contact Amazon.IN and ask details for it.

I contacted Amazon.IN and gave them details of my order and all the talk with Nvidia this is what they told me:
Upon checking your previous correspondence with us, I've researched and found that the game order and code you're concerned about was placed on one of our partner website Amazon.com.

I'd like to inform you that all our partner websites are handled independently and you'll have to contact Amazon.com Customer service team for more information on this as they are the right department to assist you.
I cannot contact .COM since they do not deliver here individually but only in Bulk. So I went back to Nvidia today and they flat out refuse to do anything. They say that Nvidia is not involved in the promo at all.
I don't know if they think of me as an idiot or themselves are quite retarded, PROMO is on Nvidia website, We are buying a Nvidia GPU. How can you say that Nvidia is not involved at all?

I ended the talk with the agent with him saying the following:
3.png
And that's not all, here are something on an online review of Nvidia gtx 760:
4.png
I am not the only one who didn't receive the game code, I'm sure if we look around we can find many more. In the case above that person ordered it via Flipkart, Flipkart orders their stuff in Bulk from Amazon or Newegg so can't say if flipkart took the game code and are selling them seprately but still its the same.. If you talk to them they will send you away to talk with Nvidia, then Nvidia will will send you away to talk with Amazon, then Amazon will send you back to Nvidia.

Now this post goes to our blog in proper language soon and to other forums as well.
Do not buy their cards getting attracted to the game code promo.

And FYI, there is no such thing as free, you don't even get a $20 pizza for free these days, let alone a $60 game. When you buy the card the price of the game(or the profit of ubisoft/game maker) is actually included in it. See how the price falls later as promo ends. So when you're buying the card you've already paid for the game and didn't receive it - you've been scammed of $60.
And if Nvidia comes here or to the blog or other forums this goes to then save your effort. Dont try to act smart after scamming people & remove "FOR EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, AND INDIA TERRITORIES" from terms & conditions.
Legu
Allie
Allie

Re: FAKE Blacklist Game Code Promo - Shame on Nvidia

Post by Legu »

Wow....that is really though. I would be upset to, 60 bucks are not the world but still this is just so weak from nvidia. But since they dominate the market it seems they can allow themselves anything.
KEN
Special
Special

Post by KEN »

They can allow themselves anything till the time we allow them to :P
I've only moved to Nvidia buying this gtx 760, ealier I had ATI and I know my next card will not be Nvidia. There's good promos on Ati too which are actually not scam. If I can, I am thinking of returning this card for an ATI 7850 or 7870.
Posted on another forum and even more people appeared with the same problem. Some even ordered from Newegg:
000.png
Legu
Allie
Allie

Post by Legu »

I must remind you though, the gtx760 is much more powerful than the 7870. Hell even my 10 years old gtx570 can almost take it up with the 7870.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Post by Sethioz »

Yeah it seems like whole world is going to hell, because nowdays it is so easy to scam over internet, you promote something, but won't give what promised and in case of such companies, there's not much you can do about it, since 99% of people who buy such performance PC parts are just "kids" and they never sue them legally. even if you do, i'm quite sure they point out some "agreement" point where they say that they are not to be held responsible for this.

only thing you can do, is share this as much as possible and hope that in time people stop buying from them and go with Radeon, but if Radeon starts doing same .. then there's not much choice. as far as i know, Radeon and nVidia are only ones who make Graphics Cards that can be used for gaming.

There are things like "Pico Accelerators" but those are made for algorithms, not for gaming.

So yeah people, share this post and talk about it, that's all you can do really. Or just hack the shit out of their site and show them who's the boss :)
KEN
Special
Special

Post by KEN »

Legu wrote:I must remind you though, the gtx760 is much more powerful than the 7870. Hell even my 10 years old gtx570 can almost take it up with the 7870.
Sorry I meant the 7950. It's about $20 more than what I paid for gtx 760 and its 3gb + 384-bit so much better than the 2gb, 256-bit gtx760.
Once I have my motherboard and cpu, I think I will make this switch.

Yeah Nvidia and Ati are the only one's but people are too busy with ATI vs. Nvidia they dont want to open their eyes.
It's not even been 1 month and I already had issues with nvidia's drivers, those performance issue and the promo scam. Ati had problems too with drivers but those were fixed quite fast but atleast they didn't scam. When I bought my ati 3 years back, I received the promised +6 month warranty card for it and it was inside the box (Asus card).
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Post by Sethioz »

I've had problems with both, so i recommend neither. I had some BSODs and crashes with GTX550Ti SLI on some driver versions and ive had problems with earlier radeons too.
However if i would have to take a pick, well its nVidia (hence the GTX680 Phantom), because they take less power and perform better in games.

Radeons have a lot more RAW power, but most game devs have "contract" with nVidia, so they optimize their games for nVidia on purpose, to bash down Radeon, its basically a war that most people don't know about.
Just compare Radeons in password cracking.
nVidia GTX 680 can do 36000p/s in WPA2 handshake cracking, while Radeon HD7970 can do 100000p/s ! ...see the difference? also power consumption is insanely different, GTX680 @ 210w and HD7970 @ 340w or so .. i'd say that 's a HUGE difference. i maybe wrong about 7970, maybe 300w, but still a lot more.
But in gaming ... GTX680 beats 7970.

Magic has 7970, so i wanna make some comparison test, but this is not right topic for this.

point is, that both the companies scam and fight eachother, you just have to choose what's better at the moment.
its easy to get on top, but hard to stay there, this is why at some point nvidia is better and then when they get lazy .. radeon passes them .. then radeon gets lazy and it goes other way around again ... never ending war.