Youtube - How to get more views and good rank on your videos

all kinds of tutorials and guides. how, where, why, step-by-step stuff and more. also support for those tutorials and guides. ONLY post step-by-step guides/tutorials here OR reply with question if you have any.
KEN
Special
Special

Youtube - How to get more views and good rank on your videos

Post by KEN »

To get good number of views and a good rank on your youtube videos, follow these steps. These steps are important and you must follow all of these steps for all of your videos unless your video is about a funny cat which will get views for reason noone knows.
Things you will learn in this guide:

1. How to choose the correct tile of the video.
2. How to write the correct and professional description for your videos.
3. How to choose and write the correct video tags.

Here we will take example of the following video on by Sethioz on the entertainment channel:
As of 21st April 2013 it have 49 views and these are the details that follow:
Title: Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard Review

Description: Cyborg V7 is one of the best keyboards i've seen and tried. It has 12 programmable buttons, 5 different backlight colors and 5 different areas you can change the color for + cyborg gaming mode that disables windows key (like any gaming keyboard should do).

Category: Science & Technology

1. How to choose the correct title of the video:

Your video title must be unique, do anything you can to make it different than the other hundreds or thousands or ten thousands of similar videos.
Bad Title: Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard Review
Good Title: (Saitek) Cyborg V7 Gaming Keyboard Full Review [April-2013 SethiozEntertainment]

If the space allows, try adding "Awesome Keyboard" or something similar in the title. 90% People who are looking to buy that keyboard would want to hear good things about it consiously or sub-consciously so when they see 'Awesome Keyboard' written, chances are they will be clicking the video. Even if they thing that keyboard is bad, they might want to watch the video and comment something bad(whatever they think is bad about the keyboard).
If your video is about some game or software or anything with different versions, you can write: [New Version] GAMENAME : Money hack - V2 (works as of April 2013)

2. How to write the correct and professional description for your videos.
A correct description is very important for video to get ranked on first page! Make sure your main keyword about the video appears atleast 10-15 times in your video description.
Bad Description: Download Money hack from: blablah.com.
Lets take description from Seth's cyborg v7 video and improve it.
Current description: "Cyborg V7 is one of the best keyboards i've seen and tried. It has 12 programmable buttons, 5 different backlight colors and 5 different areas you can change the color for + cyborg gaming mode that disables windows key (like any gaming keyboard should do).
'none extra tags'"
Improved description: "Thanks for watching our video review of the Saitek Cyborg V7 gaming keyboard. As you can see in the review, saitek cyborg V7 have a lot of different options to suit different needs of the user or a gamer. Saitek Cyborg v7 features 5 different color of colors of LED lights(Not sure if this is true, just writing as an example!). When you take the keyboard in your hand, you can compare the weight of this keyboard to the weight of Logitech g510 gaming keyboard. Saitek Cyborg V7 comes with a driver cd so you can install it to customize the 12 different micro keys. It is preferable to use usb 3.0 ports for the Saitek Cyborg v7 and also for V5 if you have that version of the keyboard.

Saitek Cyborg V7 features a Cyborg mode / Gaming mode which disables the windows key so it will not interfere with your game while you are playing.
Overall,Saitek Cyrborg V7 is very good for the price but considering there are cheaper keyboards available from other competitive brands, we can give this keyboard a 9 / 10
Subscribe to our channel for more awesome reviews and gameplays : http://www.youtube.com/user/SethiozEntertainment
__
Extra Tags (Ignore): coming up in step 3"

As you can see, the main keyword - keyboard, saitek, cyborg, v7 appears a lot of times in this description and I have almost given a short review in description itself.
If your video is about some software etc. you can fill in the steps on how to use the software in the description.

3. How to choose and write the correct video tags.

First, add all the tags you can think of, then later do this to get more tags:
Search your keyword on youtube, example: Saitek Cyborg V7.
Check the videos that appear on the first page, copy paste their title in your description under "Extra Tags".
After this, click the topmost video, click "show video statistics", under "Key discovery events" you can look for 'First referral from YouTube search:'
and copy paste all those as much as you can. Do the same for the top 5 videos listed in the search.
Simple isn't it?

That's all there is, if you follow all these steps, I'm sure you will get lots of views and get your videos ranked pretty good on youtube. There's also another simple rule to get views without all of this, BE QUICK. Some new game announced? anything new about a new version GTA? just be quick and make a video about it and you''ll get good amount of views but guess everyone knows this already.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Re: Youtube - How to get more views and good rank on your vi

Post by Sethioz »

I disagree on 1 and 2. very ,very wrong.

1. Long titles are very bad, shorter the title, the better it is. No one wants to see some crap in ( bla bla ), but sometimes it is necessary, like if i add "Test Drive Unlimited 2 (TDU2)"
also what is difference between "review" and "full review" ? obviously if you say REVIEW, it means you are "re viewing" something.
and definitely no one wants to see awesome, cool ..etc in the title. Title should be ONLY title, saying generally what it is, not explaining, this is what description is for, to describe what this video is about.

2. "thanks for watching" is idiotic, why would you thank anyone for watching? + it ruins the description. Thins like "thanks for watching, please subscribe" is idiotic. In past i have thought about describing to some people, but because they hit you in the face with their subscribe i haven't, it's like if you walk into a store and owner slaps you in the face with some product and says "HERE BUY !!! NOW !!!!" .. i would say fuck off you shithead and walk out or slap him right back.
Subscribe should always be left as option, not force it upon people.
People who know what subscribe does, they know where to find it, people who don't know what subscribe is and click on your link (that some place on video), they never gonna follow your videos anyway because they don't know how it works. so in other words, it would generate false subscribers who don't follow your content and fake/false subscribers don't give you views or anything else, except that you can then brag "wowowowow look my subscribers" < hate those btw.

So back to description what you put there, what if i see your video in list and i want SHORT description of what video is about, but instead i see "thanks for watching" .. i would be like WTF piss off .. im not clicking that video. how i see this, is that it prevents people from clicking, because they are unsure what is the content of video.
First 2 lines of description should ALWAYS describe the video in its best way, because very often, people never even click on your video, unless they see something really cool, like thumbnail or first 2 lines of description makes them wanna click.

if you see "thanks for watching" does that make you wanna click on the video? i sure don't want to click on it, instead i would look down the list to see if there is anyone else with more specific description.

Conclusion - description should be exactly what it says "DESCRIPTION" of video, you give it a short review of what is in the video, for those who don't want to watch the video before reading what it is about. You have to describe your video in a way to make best first impression. It's like if you see 3 cars, whichever has the best first impression on you, you want it, even if its the crappiest, it's still car sold. It's like sales, make it look good and people will click and watch.

3. This is where most of the magic is, like you talk about title, title should be title only, nothing else. if you have title "tdu2 review" but in tags you have "tdu2, gameplay, game, games, pc, test drive unlimited 2, test, drive, unlimited, unlimit" ...etc, then people will still find your video even if it is not in the title.
It's also best idea to misspell on purpose in tags, because lot of people make typos, so if you know things that are commonly spelled wrong, then do that too.
for example "Infinite ammo" is often spelled "Infinate ammo" or even "Infanate" ..etc
so correct spelling in tags is not always a good idea, add typos in there for people who make mistakes.
Also add UK and US words, like color (US) and Colour (UK) .. same with Center (US) and Centre (UK)

Here's my small guide:

* Most important are tags, because those are used when people search for videos and tags are used to show similar videos (in the list on side as suggestions)

* Do not confuse people, be very specific and do not add crap like "subscribe here" or "thanks for watching" shit. if you do want to thank them, do it at END of video, that might make people smile a bit, if 1-2 seconds before end they see a sign on video saying "Thanks for watching :) Stay tuned for more"
but it should be at END of video and not in description (if you do put into description, then at end).
In general, do not confuse people, because people get confused very easy and confusion leads to frustration .. and frustration makes them just close the video or not even click on it.

* Video itself should not be boring, remove all "quiet" bits and pieces, where there is no "action" at all. If people watch one thing for longer than like 5 seconds (5 seconds can be long if you focus on video) they get bored and might just close it.
I've had so many comments about my hack videos, where people only watch like first 1-2 minutes and then comment some shit because they never had patience to go thru video, but this is necessary in hack videos, since they need to see all the testing ..etc .. however its better to remove it and leave just bit of everything, the less you have those quiet places, the better.

* Long videos are good, but they must know what waits for them, otherwise they might not watch. Usually videos that are under 10 min get more views than the ones over 10 min

* Do not repeat stuff in videos, if its with commentary, watch it thru yourself before uploading and make sure you do not repeat yourself, it's annoying. Same for footage, remove all repeats (unless it's slow motion repeat of a crash ..etc).
There was one video of some game car crashes where that idiot repeated one same crash like 10 times from different angles ... and there was so many comments saying "how many freaking times you repeat it???" and very bad ratings on video too.
Find best angle and do it ONCE, that's it. You are the video creator and it is your job to find best possible angle for people to enjoy it.

But most of all .... what gets views is uniqueness. something that others do not have or viral stuff, that really makes people talk about your video and makes them share it.

another small trick, is to share your video onto your partners channels, to your facebook, twitter, google+ ..etc and let people know that you have twitter, facebook ..etc, because not everyone like to use youtube as primary, lot of people like to follow your feed from twitter or facebook or somewhere else.
That's something i need to do, add links at end of video to my twitter and facebook, so people can follow if they like.
KEN
Special
Special

Post by KEN »

1. Title:

Uniqueness of the video is important no doubt but you cannot keep your title simple if the video is about something which already have huge amounts of videos. If you except hundreds,thousands of views with that then video should be damn good.
Quick search of 'facebook hack' on youtube:
Untitled.png
Anyone can tell by just looking at the thumbnails, the video below is shitty. But it have almost 3 times the number of views than the video above. Take a look at the difference between the titles of the two.
Both of those channels have about 50 subscribers and both videos were uploaded about 1 month back.

2. Description:

Most people don't even pay much attention to description these day. The point is not about what to write, just include the main keyword a lot of times to get RANKED, not talking of views but getting ranked on youtube search. Add it at the end below extra tags, doesn't matter where but include the keywords. Add your own description above, and at last along with extra tags, fill in a description like in my first post.
See the title + description + views and when they were uploaded:
1233.png
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Post by Sethioz »

title is only important if date is part of the video, like "hacks for mmo game_name_here" so people know from title that it still works or when was it last working .. duh. that makes it part of the video and in that case, you just put (12/12/2012) in the title and nothing more, no update and new crap, because after 1 month it will be OLD, not new. those things are so fucking annoying.
not just youtube videos, i search something and it says "NEW" but it dates back to like 2005 or so .. fucking annoying shit, so NEVER include words like "NEW" "fully working" "latest" ..etc in the title, because after few days its no longer new, instead add date in brackets.

and no, spam those tags too much and youtube ranks you last, just like google.
if you try and get ranked, then sooner or later you will be thrown at back of the line, that's how google/youtube is designed.

also if you steal tags / description from another video, it messes up your rank.
same with google, if you copy/paste chunks of data from another website, then google lists you behind the original website that had the content.

make up your own titles, do not try to be best in ranking, that comes in progress of being good in describing and showing things.
you just need to know how to OPTIMIZE your videos and content, so people who search for it, will find it. trying to get high rank by "cheating" the system, will get you nowhere. it might work at beginning, but sooner or later people will realize that you are scamming them and they won't follow you anymore and search engines will list you last too.
youtube also tracks how long people watch the video, if 90% of them close the video after first 10-60 seconds, then youtube's search system marks it as spam / fake video and puts it at back of the search results list.
im not sure about the time tho, maybe its % based, but they do track how long people watch the video and based on that they rank them in search.
KEN
Special
Special

Post by KEN »

Sethioz wrote:im not sure about the time tho, maybe its % based, but they do track how long people watch the video and based on that they rank them in search.
Correct, views are counted accordingly based on how long people watch the videos. Here is youtube staff video explaining the views count and the 301views lag where the views gets stuck for a few hours if the video is getting lots of views in a few hours: