Wii Remote / mote + Nunchuk on PC via Bluetooth [How To]

all kinds of tutorials and guides. how, where, why, step-by-step stuff and more. also support for those tutorials and guides. ONLY post step-by-step guides/tutorials here OR reply with question if you have any.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Wii Remote / mote + Nunchuk on PC via Bluetooth [How To]

Post by Sethioz »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge Database Article on how to use Wii Remote on PC
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a tutorial on how to use Nintendo Wii mote (remote) controller + Nunchuk on PC via Bluetooth.

There's lot to do, but fairly simple. I will write Wiki article of this as this seems quite interesting project to me.
So far i got it working in windows, but arma3 did not like it, i was able to see it, but couldn't control anything.
Nunchuk has analog + tilt axis' so it can be used nicely for flying a plane or heli, which i wanna test.

I have gone thru lot of stuff and Wii mote seem to be very powerful tool, you can do amazing things, like "headtracking" which makes 2D screen into real 3D, but ofcourse software has to support it, i don't think any games support it. I'm not talking about 3D monitor, but objects. For example if i put one window on top of another (in windows, by covering bottom window from end to end with top window), then it doesn't matter if you move your head left or right, you still see only top window, but with headtracking, if you move your head left or right, you can see what is under the top window, it's like looking past objects, it makes it so realistic, that objects seem to be floating off of screen.
It's amazing, but i haven't tried that yet, i need to make IR sensors (normal IR lights will do).

To start off, here's what you need:
Bluetooth USB dongle (any will do, but obviously not the ones that come with keyboard or any other device, it must be stand alone, grab one from ebay)
Wii mote + nunchuk (duh obviously)
Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (i would upload, but it's not freeware and needs crack)
Dolphin Wii Emulator (will probably include in wiki article, just google for it)
GlovePIE (google for it, will include in wiki article)

1. insert your bluetooth dongle
2. install toshiba bluetooth stack
3. reboot pc
4. open bluetooth settings (toshiba bluetooth stack tray icon, right click on it and select bluetooth settings)
5. in bluetooth settings click "new connection" (keep it on express mode)
6. on wii mote press and hold RED sync button (its under battery cover)
7. continue with new connection
8. it should sync up
9. run dolphin wii emulator
10. in dolphin wii emu, select "options > wiimote settings"
11. select "real wiimote" (if it doesn't show, click on refresh, it should shake motor in wii mote, it means it works)
- now its connected and working
12. run GlovePIE and use the scripts below:

Code: Select all

// Nunchuk analog as mouse movement
mouse.x += (DeadZone(Nunchuk.JoyX, 0%)/75)
mouse.y += (DeadZone(Nunchuk.JoyY, 0%)/75)

//D-pad as arrow keys
Keyboard.Up = Wiimote1.Up
Keyboard.Down = Wiimote1.Down
Keyboard.Left = Wiimote1.Left
Keyboard.Right = Wiimote1.Right

// + and - as zoom-in and zoom-out
Keyboard.Ctrl + Keyboard.Equals = Wiimote1.Plus
Keyboard.Ctrl + Keyboard.Minus = Wiimote1.Minus

// LED check on mote using keyboard 1 2 3 4
Wiimote1.Led1 = Keyboard.One
Wiimote1.Led2 = Keyboard.Two
Wiimote1.Led3 = Keyboard.Three
Wiimote1.Led4 = Keyboard.Four

// Left and Right mouse clicks as nunchuk C and Z
mouse.LeftButton = (Nunchuk.C)
mouse.RightButton = (Nunchuk.Z)

// 1 and 2 as Page Up and Page Down
Keyboard.PageDown = Wiimote1.Two
Keyboard.PageUp = Wiimote1.One

I will write wiki article, this is why its basic right now, i won't be updating this topic with more details, instead i will link the wiki article once completed.
This is here for search engines mostly, so people can find it easily. i will include step-by-step tutorial with pictures and screenshots soon.

UPDATE
I just connected another Wiimote to PC, this is insane, i can use both of them at same time, doing different things, this is crazy.
I got 3 motes and 4 nunchuks (nunchuk is useless without mote) .. 3 of them on PC .. lol. I'll make some hybrid-combo-super-yber gaming controller out of it all. I got 3 motion sensors in total and 3 analogs to play with, gonna be interesting to test them in games.

UPDATE
I've been testing them with GlovePIE tool, but i'm having serious issues mapping any other controller buttons onto wiimotes, no idea wtf.
i'm 100% sure that the following is correct for my 360 controller:

XInput.LeftStickX = Nunchuk1.JoyX
but no go, no idea why. I know that XInput.LeftStickX is definetly 360's left analog, i mapped keyboard button onto it and it works, like so:

Keyboard.W = XInput.LeftStickX
I have tried using PPjoy, but that junk aint working on windows 7, even if i disabled driver signature enforcement, it still not working, guess that junk was not meant for win 7. This is why i HATE windows 7, if it comes to anything like this, nothing works !!
I bet i can get it working on XP without problems, but there it's no use, since i can't play modern games on XP. what a fucking lameness and conspiracy.
Oh well .. what i wanna do, is play with Wiimotes in games and use them as ANALOGS not digital.

I can map keyboard buttons onto it, but only as digital inputs, i need analog.
VRcave
Newbie..
Newbie..

Re: Wii Remote / mote + Nunchuk on PC via Bluetooth [How To]

Post by VRcave »

Thanks for this guide! Randomly stumbled upon this forum while searching for this type of guides and I found alot of interesting information here. Did you figure out why the mapping of wiimote-buttons to any other controller input didn't work? This is only a problem if the game/application doesn't support keyboard I guess, but would be good to know. Did you get your "hybrid-combo-super-yber gaming controller"-idea into something that works? Just curious to see what kind of setups for this type of cheap consumer input is possible while waiting for some real stuff (STEM/PrioVR). Hydras would have been a better option but I'm limited to what I already own, and hydras are expensive atm.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Post by Sethioz »

I haven't looked into this ever since i made these posts and tutorials, so i don't remember much.
I think probably some windows 7 issue that won't recognize devices, but not sure.

You can do pretty much anything if you put enough time in this. I have a video somewhere on youtube where i was playing far cry 3 with this setup, it can be quite good if you get used to it.
addseo1115
Newbie..
Newbie..
Custom: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post by addseo1115 »

I am new here. I read this thread and wonder what this topic about.
I have learnt something here. Thanks for sharing.
XaneXXXX
Special
Special
Custom: My Trainers: https://sethioz.com/market/index.php?ro ... eller_id=4

Post by XaneXXXX »

addseo1115 wrote:I am new here. I read this thread and wonder what this topic about.
I have learnt something here. Thanks for sharing.
Lol what? have you read the first sentence? "This is a tutorial on how to use Nintendo Wii mote (remote) controller + Nunchuk on PC via Bluetooth."