Good Games from E3 2014

What to play? Is it worth it? What's your favorite horror game?
KEN
Special
Special

Good Games from E3 2014

Post by KEN »

I watched it through the night and there was some good stuff. These are what I'm excited about:

Top 3:

Assassin's Creed Unity

Far Cry 4

Mortal Kombat X

Others:

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Grand Theft Auto 5 - HD / 1080p with improvements but I only heard for a PS4 version, not PC. Googling around bring R* youtube channel saying that PC version is announced too along with XBOX ONE version for fall 2014 but the video I saw said 'recorded on PlayStation 4' so I can't say how much better PC will look but I'm happy atleast it's coming this fall.

Dead Island 2 (NOT RIPTIDE)

Uncharted 4 - Mainly for the story since it's by Naughty Dog [Same who did "The Last of Us" story]

The Division

Mass Effect 4

The Crew
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Re: Good Games from E3 2014

Post by Sethioz »

Far Cry 4 - YES! will surely get it, don't even need to see the game, never played FC1, but 2 and 3 are way above average. Even tho 3 somewhat sucks, cuz once you complete everything, there is NOTHING to do, there won't even be any enemies left to fight and its not mod-friendly. I only found realism mod that removes map and markers and sights mod, cuz default sights suck.

Mortal Kombat X - what is it with with X and Z nowdays?? everything is X or Z lol, Titan Z, DayZ, WarZ, X-Men ..etc ...etc. Anyway, is it still 2D (side view) ? cuz if it is .. not really interesting, i think those 2D games should die already. They gotta make mortal kombat in 3rd person view. Fight style should be like it was in Blade game on PS2 (i think), can't remember, but fight style was really good, you used one of the analogs to fight, you was able to kick/punch any direction really fast, in MK they should use same style and add combos when you mix analog with RB, LB, R1 ...etc or X, A ..etc keys (depending on console / controller you use). This would be epic fight game.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - enough crap already, even tho i will surely try the game, i think its enough already. they need to kill off TR series and think of something new. What i don't understand ... Lara died in 4th part when he was fighting the war god Seth. Enough is enough. 5th (The Chronicles) was about reminding Lara, so you played thru other people's memories, it was part of original franchise, but cmon ... all those others are just pure shit. Including the last one called "Tomb Raider". It's fucking confusing, you don't even know what you talk about. you say Tomb Raider and i think about the FIRST game .. while there are 2 more, one remake of the Tomb Raider (with better graphics and RETARDIFIED gameplay with logos and arrows showing you where to go and what to do) and the previous one, they're all called "Tomb Raider" ..and now rise of tomb raider?? what will it be ... cyborg lara brought to life or something that doesn't go with story at all? .. lame. just stop it.

I mean don't get me wrong people, it's cool to have new games, but just stop with Tomb Raider already ... it's not cool. Lara is dead, get over it. Well they didn't show Lara die, they should at least think of something, like showing Lara climb out of there alive and having amnesia or something, so that everyone thought she was dead, but she was in some village, trying to get her memories back.
See .. here i am, made up a perfect storyline within 1-2 mins while those developers can't make up a good story in years lol.

Dead Island 2 - YES YES, surely will check it out, DI and Riptide were nice, i hope they fix the 7.1 bug. ..and hopefully it will have longer story, more features..etc

Uncharted 4 - can't bother checking, but i hope it's not in some old age (sounds like it is), otherwise its a no no for me.

The Division - Wasn't this in 2013 E3?? It's in my list, even tho they lost lot of customers due the Watch Dogs false graphics advertising. I don't care about those whiny little kids, if Watch Dogs would have had super graphics like in E3, then those whiners would whine that they can't run the game at all on their wooden PCs.
The Division has also a new game engine, so it should be something awesome, i love the game style and all, so surely will get.

Mass Effect 4 - nuff said! Will be in my list, no doubt about it.

The Crew - Already seen the demos and all, i thought it was in E3 2013 too. Seen it, heard it, like it, will get it, comes at end of this year.

Don't know if it was in E3 or not, but Mad Max is something i keep eye on too. They have revived the old good Mad Max (movies) .. i guess, by making a game.

Rainbow Six: Siege - How did you miss that? Will surely get it. I've loved the Rainbow Six series.
KEN
Special
Special

Post by KEN »

Oh damn I thought I added Rainbow Six - Siege. Ubisoft showed it in the end and damn it was so good.

Far Cry 4 - I like Far Cry 3, specially the personality of Vaas. Check the trailer and gameplay for it, the new Antagonist sounds same amount of crazy as well. One more plus for me getting it is that I've been to the place where it's set up (Himalayas) and if they use real life locations for the map it will be really interesting to play. Though the city / name of place they said in the gameplay is a fictional place.

Mortal Kombat X - It's called 10, not the X from X Y Z. This will continue the story from where MK 9 ended [SPOILER: Lui Kang and almost everyone else died except for Raiden and Shinok arrives to take over the Earth Realm and the Outworld - Because Shao Kahn is dead too]

Rise of the Tomb Raider - hey hey the Tomb Raider 2013 was pretty fun actually :) I agree the old one's are awesome but I loved the new one as well.
As for the story, it's a reboot. Since Lara died as you said, instead of continuing the story they just started another set up in a different Universe.
Here is just a bit about Rise of the Tomb Raider: Lara is traumatized after the experiences of TR 2013 and is consulting a therapist. To get over all that she decides to make that her usual and so she goes on to Raid more Tombs, that's why they are calling it Rise of the Tomb Raider. TR might actually start getting more and more interesting from now on.

Dead Island 2 - Can't say anything about it but I think this one will be set up in a California as the trailer showed a poster in the end of a character and had an advert which said about location of the gym in poster to be in California. I liked the DI trailer, this one's trailer was not like the previous one's but still good.
Anyhow this will just be amazing, I think Dead Island does the job best to give us a Zombie situation. Resident Evil and all others are good as well but c'mon I mean we don't get 1000's of bullets lying around and nor are we expert in shooting if zombies attack. So Dead Island really gives that brilliant Zombie atmosphere feel.

Uncharted 4 - It's sort of like Tomb Raider games you can say and the new one is continuation to the previous one's though I never finished them but have heard only good things about them. I don't mind if its in old age or new age or anything as long as its fun to play. The trailer didn't show much other than the character in middle of a jungle.

The Division - Yeah it was on E3 2013, but just a gameplay. They showed a trailer this time and also another gameplay. I don't like it that much as the story doesn't seem much interesting but I'll see later it's on my list as well.
As for the graphics downgrade, I'm taking into consideration that it will happen as it already happened with Far Cry 3 and Watch Dogs but it doesn't matter much as it will still look good. What matters is that they should optimize it well unlike Watch Dogs because I don't want to play at 30fps with a $400 card and $400 cpu. My PC now costs about $1500 and if it still couldn't play Far Cry 4 (not on ultra but atleast high) maintaining 40fps atleast then really no $ for Ubisoft from me. Same for you actually. You are getting 40fps on a gtx 680. Now 680 is no joke and should get you solid 60fps minimum on Watch Dogs as I don't think it looks great enough to bring down the 680 at just 1080p.

The Crew - Yeah it was on E3 2013 as well and till now we had couple of gameplays and 1 trailer for it. The customizations in this game is amazing and what I really like the fact about this is that there is no WAYPOINT. There is no particular track. There is just a starting line and a finishing point. You just reach the finish line from any way you choose from any terrain you want. So if you have a car customized for going on dirt, take the dirt path, or the road path. It's all depended on you.

Mad Max - I don't remember seeing this on E3 but I might have missed it. It was on E3 2013 according to wiki and is coming in 2015:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_(2015_video_game)

Also forgot to mention Batman Arkham Knight. I dont know why but the gameplay of Arkham City and all previous versions just doesn't appeal to me. I just don't enjoy it. I might like this one though as it's gameplay was hands down one of the best shown at E3. What bores me in this series is probably the combat.

So much awesomeness seriously I loved this year's E3.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Post by Sethioz »

I'll check them all out, but i agree on Batman, somehow it just ... i got it, then played few missions and blah, it just bored me so fast.

Tomb Raider - .. no, enough is enough! Lara died, get over it. stop with those stories that make NO SENSE at all, like NFS movie, it made no sense at all ... made by some complete RETARDS lol. I laughed so hard ... whoever made that movie had no brains at all. Might have just called it "Car Action Compilation", because it made absolutely no sense. Same with TR, it just makes no sense ....
Last one didn't actually show Lara's past, because she learned from her father, bits were shown in TR 4, where you played as young Lara on her first "Raid" .. i think. it was ages ago, but i think it was her first Raid with her father.
They name it Tomb Raider, but it has NOTHING to do with it...its just abusing Tomb Raider name...its idiotic.