Blur: single player modifications

Everything about gaming, walkthroughs, discussions, news, reviews ..etc

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:19 am

i made that, but it's not a mod, it's a hack done with memory tools. see HERE if you don't know how memory hacks work.

i would approach this from different angle, i would use memory tools and write a trainer to do that. so you run the trainer and hit a button and names will be changed.
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:32 pm

If you would be able it would be great.

And now i see a big problem.
Any modding gamedata.pak is imposible, because QuickBMS cant repack it.
I called Aluigi and he said that, some specific files is impossible to repack and that gamedata.pak is one of them.

So now u see why this game is dead, one of the many obstacles ;/
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:35 pm

i'm not interested in this game, but i can help you with the hacks if you want to give it a try.
You CAN repack files, but you need different script for it. and btw it's Luigi lol. (aluigi is first letter of his last name and then his first name, people always think that aluigi is a name itself lol).

Anyway, you can read the hack articles on my Knowledge Database.
first thing you need to do, is find the player name using memory editor (tsearch, cheat engine..etc) and try to change it. (in cheat engine, search for "string" value and "player 1" for example, see what comes up. or set it to search type "all" instead of "string", then change all the results and see if name changes..)
once you get it going, then next step is to either do a pointer scan or write a script.
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:57 pm

I spent 2h and say, find static value is imposible for amateur hacker. Its not easy like number of laps or amo.
Player value always was the same and i cant find the difference ;///
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:59 pm

What do you mean was the same and i can't find the difference? it's bit confusing.
all you do, is search for a "string" value using cheat engine, or set the type to "all" instead of string, then search for "Player 1" for example (or whatever the player name is).
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:57 pm

My bad, i dont understood ur previous tips and i searched in classic mode (beside Hex / value)
Look now:
In cheatengine
1. Select a proces to open "Blur"
2. Memory View
3. On up .. Search > find memory
There?
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:34 pm

uh no .. refer to the link i gave you > Basic Game Hacking
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Done ;D

Image

Later i must delete this "Gracz" word in language file, u must say how to repack correctly gamedata.pak


So now second part of the task, any ideas whith CPU class ? Now i must search in values that same like numbers of amo?
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:10 am

right, you did it using what? Cheat Engine? by searching for a string value?
i'm bit confused, what exactly did you do, you managed to change all player names or just the number of the player, because as i understand Gracz is player? so player 2 became DAMIAN?

What i meant, is that you search for "Player 1" string, then replace it with like "Sethioz". if there are more than 1 addresses with "Player 1" value, then change them one by one and find out which one is correct.

Once you know which address changes the name, do a pointer scan for it.
see Pointer Scanning if you don't know how.
once you find a static pointer that won't change when you restart the game, you can keep it in your cheat list and make a hotkey for it, so when you boot up the game, you just hit the hotkey and it changes the name for you in an instant.
Then do same for all player names, you can map them all under 1 hotkey, so with just 1 button press all names will be changed.

or yeah if you delete Gracz in language file and manage to repack it, then you can replace Gracz with like > or - so it shows that symbol in front of name, but i don't see any reason for that, i would just do it in memory as i explained.
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:37 am

Yah, all searched in sting value.
Firstly "kom" value (that was player 1 name taked from computer name), ~17 results and 2 results was green (that was static value?) so i taked green values to change, first nothing, second change kom to DANIEL
Then i tryied to find "Gracz" st.value - 0 results , "Gracz 2" - 0 results so taked "2" value - 14k results , from that results i choosen green values - ~200 results, and now I maked natural selection to find that one, half results change - if no changes that group was deleted, next share and etc. finally i find that one and change 2 to DAMIAN and became Gracz DAMIAN.
Other values had to be near, so next search was in the range from 011A7000 to 011A7fff ... "3" value - 1 result, changed , "4" value - 1 result, changed. But players must be logged in their positions, because when was logged-out, results for that values was - 0 , so that must be as you say previous - dynamic allocation.
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:56 pm

nah no need to do it so complicated, i'm not even sure what green means, i think it means it is most likely to be what you looking for, but you only need to find the address that changes the name.
once you find it, read the pointer scanning article i linked in previous reply. do pointer scan for that address, then reboot game and re-scan the pointer (it's all explained in pointer scanning article).
it's easy once you have done it once. almost none of the games have static addresses, instead they have static pointers.


another way, which is more professional and quite complex, is to write a script, however im sure that all player names use the same instruction.
you can follow this video tutorial to understand how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xxhg3DZiQg

yes it explains how to do god mode and 1 hit kills, but 1 hit kills uses the exact same method that you need, instead of player and enemy health, you are changing player and opponent names, it makes no difference what it's used for, health and names are still just values.


However i would still recommend pointer scanning, it's a lot easier for someone who is just learning.
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:16 am

I do Pointer Scanning and something going wrong.

I make that scan, then restart game, again choose Blur in "select a proces to open" , then rescan and In box adres to find write here the same adres as there: type: 17B64CB4 Of course not that from image but same from my cheat engine, exactly that: 011A7520
Image
I dont know other adres to write there and in search by value for "kom" word what type choose: (4bite/float/double)?

Edit:
Why i cant editing my posts?
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:30 am

after you have found the address for the first time:

1. do pointer scan for that address
2. quit game
3. restart game
4. find the address again (that holds the player name)
5. re-open the pointer scan
6. re-scan the pointer using the new address

- so first time you right click and pointer scan, like you showed the screenshot, but second time you do it via the pointer scan window and before you do, you have to find the address again manually.

- you can't rescan using a value, because pointer scanning won't allow you to scan for string values, you could also convert string to dec, but another bug in cheat engine is that you can't rescan pointer by long values either.
HOWEVER you can use ArtMoney to do that (artmoney is also covered in the pointer scanning tutorial, but its very complex).

if you have 0 results, then pointer scan settings are wrong, try using "level 3" scan with offset of 5000 to start with. if that doesn't work, try level 5 with offset 5000, but keep in mind that level 5 or higher with offset 5000 or higher can take HOURS to scan and file sizes maybe like 100gb. (level 5 with offset 5000 is perfectly fine tho).

Have you read the pointer scanning article? it should be clear enough there how to do it. I might do video tutorial how to pointer scan, but not right now.


You can't edit posts, because some idiots kept deleting their post's content after they got answer, it's like "Edit - i got the answer", it got annoying, because they don't realize that forum is for everyone to read, maybe someone else has same issue? for example this thread, it has 400 views already, im sure someone else is following it and would be annoyed too if something gets deleted (edited out). so i just removed the permission to edit posts.
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:36 pm

I know procedure, readed few times that tut, but you see; my english is weak and sometimes i have a big problems with correctly understanding what you mean + new things what i never do = precisely these problems. You must translate me many things like for disabled, lol

I dont understand that window:
Image
You maked scan for 17B64CB4 but on this window is changed ending 17B64CCC why CC ? from where u taked it? it's randomly value or what?

That my scans:
Image

What write in "adres to find" box ? I tryed few combinations with ending my value 011A7520 but always out crappy rezultats -.-
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby KEN » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:43 pm

MateusBlur wrote:You maked scan for 17B64CB4 but on this window is changed ending 17B64CCC why CC ? from where u taked it? it's randomly value or what?


Because it's the 2nd address. You see, you do pointer scan on address 1, then quit game and find the same value again and the address will be different if its not static, in the above it went from B4 to CC. So you rescan for the new(2nd address).

In the pic you posted, after that point you have to quit the game and then search the value again, and then you'll have a new address. Then click pointer scanner and then rescan for the address you find.
User avatar
KEN
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:11 am

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:22 pm

yes as Ken said, this is the SECOND scan, you have to quit your game before you do that.
17B64CCC is "random" and you should not be looking at it at all, you have to replace it with the address that changes your player name (you must find it again after you have rebooted the game).

If first time you scan for player name and find 17B64CB4, then you quit game, start game again and find the player name address again. this time it will NOT be 17B64CB4, it will be something else, but it will look similar, lets say it will be 17B63A64, then in the rescan pointerlist you will write 17B63A64.

hope you understood this example.


suggestion > you should learn english a lot more :) because most of the best hackers / programmers use only english, meaning that 95% of best tutorials are in english and even if someone translates them, it isn't what it used to be. That's not only because english speaking people are superior to others, it is because whole base of the computer was made in english, like C language, all the commands like "int" ..etc are based on english. if you learn programming in any other language, it is very difficult, because in english those commands make sense. such as "if" and "if else" ..etc
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:08 am

KEN wrote:will be different if its not static

I thought I was an idiot but thanks to you this misunderstanding was solved

Always when i run cheat engine and load blur, these values still having same adres as previous and work correctly (they always load default data (kom/2/3/4)) and dont saving my previous changes in names, but when i change it manualy again, they work in Blur.

I ask previous in topic what green values does mean:
MateusBlur wrote:~17 results and 2 results was green (that was static value?) so i taked green values to change

Sethioz wrote:i'm not even sure what green means...


The answer i find there:
Code: Select all
http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Cheat_Engine:Memory_Scanning
...There are two types of addresses in this list: Green ones and black ones. Green means static addresses. Whenever you load the application these addresses will stay the same/hold the same value. These addresses show up as normal addresses in the list, but are actualy like this: ApplicationName.exe+75FFB0 (This is merely an example.)
Black means dynamic addresses. These will change location whenever you load the application, even during the application's run. Using pointers you can find static addresses for these dynamic ones.

So Pointer Scans only for black values, green no needed that :) and by the way newbie learn something a master ;p

suggestion > you should learn english a lot more :) because most of the best hackers / programmers use only english, meaning that 95% of best tutorials are in english and even if someone translates them, it isn't what it used to be. That's not only because english speaking people are superior to others, it is because whole base of the computer was made in english, like C language, all the commands like "int" ..etc are based on english. if you learn programming in any other language, it is very difficult, because in english those commands make sense. such as "if" and "if else" ..etc[/quote]
Yah, i know it soooo good, today without English you are nothing, the world language, you haved easier because if i mean it yours national lang ,others (like me) must hammer it to head ;o
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 am

you got it working i take?

i've seen green addresses in some games, never were static for me. I'm not sure how cheat engine finds out that address is static, but i guess it can give false positives too.
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby MateusBlur » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:42 pm

I dont know too how it works, but works ;)

I have those values saved i cheat engine, it looks like this
Image
Addres always was the same (on pic only kom and 2 values was active because player 3 and 4 was not logg in) but if i now change 2 or kom, ofcourse it changes in Blur too.

-Tell me now, is possible save my values (Daniel, Damian ....)? because always when i off game its going to default ( kom, 2 ....). How keep my changes?

-I cant find in Cheat Engine string: "Gracz" so i want delete them from language file, but later i cant repack Gamedata.pak.
You say its possible:
Sethioz wrote:You CAN repack files, but you need different script for it.

Luigi says the opposite:
Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:32:05 +0100
>
> ...Next problem, now during reimporting.
> I do all as in your tutorial, (...) push enter to start repack
> process and: ERROR: script invalid for reimporting, it uses
> MEMORY_FILEs
>
> Whats going wrong?

[Luigi Auriemma]
Nothing wrong, it's just that the script uses MEMORY_FILEs for
extracting the chunks and reimporting works only with files extracted
without using MEMORY_FILEs.
So you can't reimport that specific file and probably also most of the
others.
MateusBlur
User
User
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: Blur: single player modifications

Postby Sethioz » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Those are not exactly addresses, those are blur.exe+offset, that's different, it's more like a pointer than address. once blur.exe is loaded, it adds the offset and gets address.
if your game is running, then addresses it shows (the bottom screenshot) are always different.

you can't save names, because it is done in memory (RAM), cheat engine will not modify your game files, so changes are temporary.
as i said before, you need to make hotkey/s. When you press hotkey once, it sets all the names to what you chose.

as about Gracz, i think it's because game still works in english, player is still player, it just translate it on screen. i think you need to search for Player, this is why everyone should install games only in ENGLISH.
I remember there was some bug with Steam where only english worked, if any other language was used it crashed, can't remember what it was exactly, but it's very normal, because as said, all programming languages are english only.

as about what Luigi said, i think what he means is that you can't repack using same method, i don't see him saying its impossible.
it sure is possible, if you can unpack/decrypt something, then you can surely repack/encrypt.
User avatar
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4757
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: unknown

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming - Discussions / Walkthroughs / News / Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron