Skype 6.22.10.7

talk about your computer or ask what program to use or what video card you like. others includes things like wordlists or color temps on monitor
Legu
Allie
Allie

Skype 6.22.10.7

Post by Legu »

I hate skype so much. Skype once has been a decent way to communicate with your friends. Those times however, are long forgotten. What we have now, is an interface which is insanely slow. If i want to start a conversation with one of my friends and click on their name/profile from the list, it takes literally 3 seconds to load the chat window. WTF?! First I thought, my pc crashed. It used to load in half a second or less. Now I literally have to wait for the window to load. This is horrible!

Also, the new design. It is a joke at best. Everything takes up so fuckin much space, while the text has gotten even smaller. Basically everything is just a huge white piece of shit with tiny text on it. Compared to that, the old design was efficient.

Pic related.

"Telefone anfrufen/Skype Home" Are two functions which I never ever use. Yet those take up like 20% of the space. The Blue shit on top? WTF? That takes up another 20%...WHY?!

Group conversations once were a feature that skype could be proud of. Not anymore.

Look at this hilarious design. Yet again, 20% of the screen is gone for what...3 buttons which u never use anyway! Also, you can not see the avatars from the people who are in the group anymore. This is horrible, especially since the text is smaller making this all look like a joke. Also the new bubble style? Might make sense for a phone or tablet, but for a pc?! Realllly?

I am really dissapointed. With every update, this more and more becomes like a huge joke. I have dozens of friends on skype, so I do not have much of a choice than to swallow every one of their updates.

Skype is kill.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
retard.JPG
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Re: Skype 6.22.10.7

Post by Sethioz »

WOW WHAT THE FUCK! ... good thing i haven't updated.

the problem with those fucking corporations like skype, youtube, google .. is that those morons DO NOT THINK before they do this shit. they do not think about things like "what if i want to have skype open AT ALL TIMES on my monitor" .. i don't want it to be open only 1 minute while i chat or talk ...
they make it bigger and bigger ... it's so fucking huge that it won't even fit on my netbook screen anymore ... WHAT A JOKE!

this is why i asked while ago to make a patch that unlocks the fucking GIGANTIC window size for resizing ... you can do it with memory editor, but a permanent patch is what i want.

i don't have this latest shit, but i'm sure its matter of time when they force it upon us.

and speaking of youtube, google+ and facebook, they're not useable on my netbook that has 1.5ghz dual core with 2gb RAM, running XP. They literally put that netbook under 100% load and still LAGS like shit. youtube uses 10-15% of my 8-Core CPU @ 4.1ghz !!!! this is way too much for a fucking website and 2% of my GTX 680 .. that's outrageous and on facebook, when i want to view somebody's pics ... some ppl have like 1000 pics in one album ... HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO FUCKING VIEW THEM ???????????????????????
i mean seriously, what kind of an RETARD came up with an idea to load ALL images on same page??? .. oh i forgot, youtube is SAME !!!!!!!! i have 600+ videos ... HOW THE FUCK YOU LOAD 600 VIDEOS ON SAME PAGE????????????? even my 8-core CPU goes into coma when i try doing it ...... no wonder older youtube videos get no views, cuz ppl simply can't browse thru them.

Skype seem to be following every step in the "how to annoy your customers" book.

How about those 3rd party programs that can multi-login into many common messengers, such as yahoo, msn, skype ..etc. I think one of them was called Trillian.

oh well .. if you hate it, find a way to edit skype.exe and make it think it's new version, so it won't force the stupid update on you. filehippo and get older version and done.
Legu
Allie
Allie

Post by Legu »

Meanwhile I am not even mad. I blocked every ip from skype some time ago. I used the 5.7 beta version, which in my oppinion was a really decent. Then like 2 days ago, when i turned on the pc, bang...I had it. The latest skype version. I did not even understand how. It never said it will update. It never gave me a warning or asked if I wanted it. It was just there. Skype is like a very elaborate virus. It does watever it wants to. Once they update their server ip list or some shit, the blocked ip's become useless it seems or idk. I do not even know how they dare to that. Is it not against some consumer law or smt?

If I tried, maybe I could get some of my friends to use IRC. But not all 100 of em, especially tech noobs probably wouldnt be able to do it, + they might have friends and their friends etc etc. Skype's userbase is just so huge, migratting isnt an option. Ill check those 3rd party programs. They are my last hope.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin

Post by Sethioz »

blocking IPs does not help, i tried, there are too many. If you want to prevent the update, do what i did. find where skype downloads that skypesetup.exe (or whatever it was), delete it, create a blank .txt file and rename it to same as skype uses, make it read only and it gives big FU to skype. works great.

and yeah i FUCKING HATE how skype does it, whenever it pops up the notice "do you want to update" it's already too late, it has already WASTED your bandwidth and downloaded the installer ... and then ppl think "WOW SKYPE IS SO FAST WOWOWO" ... fucking retards lol. it's cuz it wasted your bandwidth and lagged the shit out of you while downloading that 40mb file in background WITHOUT any notices. after download is complete, then it asks if you want to update .... fucking lame shit.

yeah i think it is against some laws, but i bet they have it in their terms that they are allowed to change their product at any time.

as offtopic note, i seriously HATE where our world is going with technology ... i hate it how they remotely screw you over so hard. it's about everything.
Windows 7 / 8 ... updates ... how dare they just turn your system off and start updating, they really have no brains or something? i can't believe even FBI, NSA ..etc use windows and they don't get pissed off if in middle of important mission their PC is like "NOPE, you're not chasing down terrorists today, cuz i gotta update and it will take 2 hours, NOW WAIT and let terrorists blow up microsoft in meanwhile, while windows is updating without permission"

i hate it how ISPs in UK do things, they remotely jack up your entire router .. you put custom settings and tomorrow it has been reset remotely and there's no way you can turn off remote assistance. fucking gay shit.

apple is even worse, they force everything on customers remotely, without your confirmation and if you don't agree, they just fuck you over anyways, by disabling your service and once you contact support and get it back by some miracle .. they still force this update on you lol.
siab
User
User

Post by siab »

Yeah I stopped using Skype long ago. Like most programs, once they become more and more popular, they become absolute shit. I guess your typical idiot loves bloated and invasive software? Regardless I find myself not updating certain programs or looking for alternatives.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin

Post by Sethioz »

I think problem is with people's IQ. they do not know that it could be 1000 times better. average moron has no idea what computer even is or how basics works, so they just copy everything they see and hear. if in advertise it is said that skype is world's best communication software, they believe it and they will teach this to their children and they grow up being even worse imbeciles.

I never do anything without asking myself "why I do things" or "why i do it this way and not some other way". If you can do that, you're no longer a retard. If you can't do this, you're just an insect, doing things based on instinct.