Windows 8

talk about your computer or ask what program to use or what video card you like. others includes things like wordlists or color temps on monitor
Legu
Allie
Allie

Windows 8

Post by Legu »

Srsly who is gonna buy that shit? Its completly useless, the user interface is so dumb. It has a quicker boot time but thats all. It even needs more ram than win7.
Anyone any opinions?
MagicalSilence
Special
Special
Custom: Retired :3

Re: Windows 8

Post by MagicalSilence »

Have not tried it yet but i guess it just follows the same pattern as everything else, Once support to older OS will be sewered you will be forced to accept the new :)
and all shops will sell ready to use pc packages for consumers with this new OS in time so its just the typical approach "everything worth doing is worth doing poorly" since We are depending on Microsoft OS no matter how failures they are.

So OS consumes more resources :) - you will be forced to improve your pc / buy better Pc (example on rl specially in elderly if Something says recommended this & that they go and buy required thing even if thing works flawless"
+ they most likely will not have to release anything "good" for while now and just keep adding stuff into Windows 8
- Quick boot times? depends a lot on hardware and stuff /i have quick-boot function in laptop avg boot time 6 seconds (on clean pc it might be fast :D)
- the user interface is so dumb? Are you saying that people are smart :D? People are unable to even install Basic windows on their own :D enough said :)
Legu
Allie
Allie

Post by Legu »

User interface is user interface , if u know what it means good for you.
The thing i dont like is how the whole thing looks
SUX!
Looks like the previous versions only some things changed, but u stil lhave a desktop at all!
MagicalSilence
Special
Special
Custom: Retired :3

Post by MagicalSilence »

Well that UI seems to be made for Touchscreen and its actually good for that purpose.
for mouse/keyboard its not very suitable.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Post by Sethioz »

Gaydows 8 ...

im curious tho, wtf did they cook up this time.
honostly i have to admit that gay 7 runs smoothly, but it takes up shit loads of resources. it doesn't crash either. only crash ive had was caused by nVidia drivers. otherwise ... about 1 year and no crashes at all.

however i still prefer XP if it comes to doing my own stuff, or well surprisingly i prefer BackTrack5.
Vista was complete failure, was forgotten in no time.

so kind a wondering what 8 is about, but my other PC has only 40gb x2 HDDs in it and it has XP 64bit and BackTrack5 64bit dual boot, i guess gaydows 8 has same old issues, that bootloader doesn't recognize linux, otherwise i would test there.

I also pet that they never fixed this stupid issue with "invalid" characters, that have been around since the first windows (if im correct). that if you make folder / file with invalid character, then you can't get rid of it.

i dont feel like updating at all .. it took me whole year to get 7 running somewhat normally ... so it doesnt piss me off all the time, but still its nightmare. that driver signing shit is annoying the shit out of me and im sure in gaydows 8 they cooked up something way worse.
eGRes5
Newbie..
Newbie..

Post by eGRes5 »

Every odd numbered release seems to the only one worth a damn. Windows 98 was great*, Windows ME epic fail, XP was great, Vista epic fail,
Windows 7 was great(IMAO), Windows 8, again, epic fail. Starting to see the pattern here guys?
*(Compared to Windows 95)

This new windows 8 which I was finally able to get loaded on Workstation 8 a few weeks ago makes me want to barf. It's total garbage
and I'm passing it over as well as most businesses.

If all I did with a computer was browse the web and upload pictures to facebook from my digicam then i'd be all over this shit.
However unlike the 99%'ers who use a computer I think this trend that Ubuntu(now garbage, go with Debian) and Windows 8
are doing on Desktop interfaces is beyond stupid.

Seriously who the fuck thought that, "oh there's going to be a boom in mobile computing"?
"Well, let's give DESKTOP operating systems a mobile iOS'ish interface too"

What? NO! Keep that shit on your dumb'ed down locked phones and tablets for the sheep.

It's just eyecandy, and poor eyecandy at that. There is nothing innovative or a boon to productivity about it.
Theyre just dumb'ed down interfaces for a dumb'ed down audience.

/rant