ps3 PSN intercept/mod > 3.6

talk about your computer or ask what program to use or what video card you like. others includes things like wordlists or color temps on monitor
zxctypo
Newbie..
Newbie..

ps3 PSN intercept/mod > 3.6

Post by zxctypo »

Hello Sethioz,

I saw your posts on other forums on this topic, but your attempt at allowing ps3's back onto PSN seems to have faded away, as far as I can see. If this is not true and you are still interested in working on it, I am as well.

While I do not know what you have learned so far, I have three ideas as to why it wasn't working for you:

1. "DEST 87" refers to an internal (to the firmware) subdomain of the playstation network, and in firmwares >3.56 this has been changed (or it does not exist in the 3.55 firmware)- this is a very easy fix, we just need to intercept on a ps3 running the firmware we want to see what it connects to. This seems to make the most sense to me, given that you said it instantly timed out, and with zero packets (I have not checked, but it would make sense if webscarab did not actually intercept DNS resolution requests).

2a. Even if we were to get the correct subdomain to connect to, there is a very good chance they changed certificate to connect with (which is stored encrypted with the new private keys, which we also do not know). An SSL MITM attack could work here, and while this is a bit more complicated, it is indeed very doable afaik, as long as 2b is not the case:

2b. If they use the preshared/private keys for all encryption in communication (like PGP), well, then I don't think there is any attack which could work to get these excepting live NOR/NAND dumping... which is what many people are already trying to do as it would also allow >3.56<3.7 CFW, but this is outside the scope of my knowledge (I do webhack and some softhack, not so much hardhack :-P )
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Re: ps3 PSN intercept/mod > 3.6

Post by Sethioz »

1. i dont think that is the case, because my ps3 wont send out any packets at all. only update check and if i modify the updatelist to say that 3.55 is newest, it still stops sending out requests. only possible explanation is wht some ppl have referred to, it has some internal cache or memory that cannot be deleted and once it gets the info that there is newer firmware, it stores it deep into memory.

2. yes, certificates have been changed. i found that out already. in fact somebody said that only difference between 3.55 and 3.56+ are the certs.

im not afraid of those encryptions and certs, i just cant figure out why ps3 wont send anything out. just update check and then when i fake it and get into PSN page and click on "new user" or "registered user", i INSTANTLY get the message "connection to server timed out" < no idea why