sales manager in tech support making total mess

Stuff that does not fit elsewhere and also global news like corona or russki war
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

sales manager in tech support making total mess

Post by Sethioz »

First a lil introduction from me. problem is that in my hosting, they have some stupid IP ban or flood protection, so when i upload/download using FTP and when it handles small files, like 100kb or less, it makes lot of requests and then ip gets banned for 5 mins or so.

1. i have tested it, if it happens, everybody else can access my site, including me via proxy.
2. when it happens, then it knocks out all communication between me and server (cpanel, ftp, phpmyadmin, sql, site)
3. their connection limit is 8, if smart ftp reaches the connection limit (or any other ftp) it gets the RESPONSE from server "too many connections (8) from same IP", it does not just timeout without any error.
4. look closely my FIRST post, where i clearly mention cpanel, site..etc and then in middle and end, Linas ignores those totally and again saying some stupid shit like use file manager on cpanel, HOW if i CANT FUCKING ACCESS IT !!!!

so i opened a support ticket, but theres one stupid sales manager pulling my chain .. now read this and laugh or cry.
sales manager Linas M. is the one to look, replys from Auridas are way more professional.

NOTE - this log has been modified, all sensitive data has been removed or censored.

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 4, 2010, 11:03:52
hi. when im using FTP upload/download, then after few minutes everything lags out. what is the problem ?
i cant access FTP, cpanel, phpmyadmin and site.

it works for everybody else and also when im using proxy, is it some flood protection ? please add my IP into whitelist > x.x.x.x if it isnt there yet (one support member said its there already in other ticket).

if its not IP ban or flood protection, then what it might be ? i cant work on my site like this if it keeps timing out each time i use FTP upload/download massively.
///////////////////////////////////////

Posted by Staff Member, on September 4, 2010, 11:29:16
Hello Sethioz,

Yes, the IP is already in the white list. Please copy/paste the log from your FTP client.

Do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions.

Thank you for using our services,
Linas M.
Sales Manager

Business Enterprise Hosting Media

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 4, 2010, 18:18:07
in FTP is simply says "connection party did not respond"
it is not only FTP, it is also cpanel, whole site and phpmyadmin.

i have experienced such problems before, but never with websites. in general, when my router settings was bad, then when i downloaded using torrent, it "jammed" the router and nothing worked, while i was still connected.

this seems something similiar, but it is not my side, because everything else works. it havent occured again. i used 4 connections to download from FTP and it worked fine, it happens only sometimes, not always. and only FTP seem to cause this, when using more than 3 connections to upload/download.

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 4, 2010, 18:23:22
It just occured again, cpanel, site, ftp, phpmyadmin all timing out, while whole internet works. and it only seem to from my ip.

Posted by Staff Member, on September 4, 2010, 18:25:47
Hello Sethioz,

If you use FileZilla software, try to go Edit -> Settings -> Transfers then for "Maximum simultaneous transfers" put "1". Obviously, this solves the problem because it limits the allowed connections by FileZilla Client to 1.
Make sure that there were no errors during transfer.

To speed up the connection, it is recommended to archive Your data and then upload it. After You may use cPanel's "File Manager" to extract the archive to any folder You like.

Do not hesitate to contact us with additional questions.

Very Truly Yours,
Auridas
Help Desk Staff

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 4, 2010, 18:37:37
Thanks for the info, but i already know all that. i also dont want to use 1 connection, it takes ages to download small files.

im using smartFTP, however this time i did not use FTP at all when it occured, i was on cpanel and phpmyadmin, while it just timed out. now its back.

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 4, 2010, 18:45:04
additionally, right now im making a SQL backup and it is downloading at 15kb/s ... which is extremely slow. i have 8mbit connection, which means it should be 1mb/s (1000kb/s). well not that fast, but at least 400kb/s, considering location of servers and such.

Posted by Staff Member, on September 4, 2010, 18:47:06
Hello Sethioz,

Let us know Your cpanel password and which database You are exporting, we will try from a remote location to test the speed.

Thank you for the question and good luck.

Thank You,
Auridas
Help Desk Staff

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 4, 2010, 18:56:04
Its ok for now, i will test again tomorrow and see if its faster, because right now whole site seems sluggish. including cpanel.

thanks for help and patience guys, i will get back this matter tomorrow if its still slow.

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 05:50:05
Hi. everything is still very sluggish and times out, it is not only phpmyadmin. cpanel is lagging and not loading normally and FTP keeps timing out too.

any ideas? while all other websites work just fine.

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 06:28:18
Hello Sethioz,

I just checked server connection (both download and upload links) and it's in perfect condition. I can download and upload files without any problems using 2 different computers.

If you still have any issues, we recommend you checking your Internet connection first, because the server connection is fine and we could not do anything in this case.

Should you need additional assistance, have further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 06:28:19
i cant use FTP at all anymore, 5 minutes using 2 connections and everything lags out ...

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 06:36:21
Hello Sethioz,

Please try to use 1 connection and see if that helps.

Please contact us if you have further questions, comments or concerns.

Very Truly Yours,
Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 07:00:18
I just did, less than 2 minutes and again...
it must be some kind of a flood limit on your server ! when making too many requests. its IMPOSSIBLE and 1 connection is also out of the question ! because it takes me over 24 hours to download what i should get in less than 5 hours.

1 connection takes ages to download small files, it connects, downloads, disconnects which takes way too long.
i need at least 4 connections, but this is not the problem, because 1 didnt work either.

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 07:09:13
Are you 100% sure that your servers do not have some flood protection or anything similiar ?

I am using SmartFTP and im using the transfer queue

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 07:36:57
I CANT upload/download at all anymore... 1-2 minutes and everything fucks up for at least 10 minutes. very annoying. please see the logs or something regarding my IP. does my IP comes through ? you should see the FTP log or something. i left it to download for night, but it timed out and never connected again, because it was on automatic retry and if i connect while its timing out, it never comes back as long as i keep trying. i have to stop the program and not load site either and WAIT for like 5 - 15 minutes before it goes back to normal

NOTE - using proxy it still works and works for everybody else too !

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 07:49:04
Sry, but im getting very annoyed. i tried FireFTP (plugin for firefox) and its same, downloads for about 1-3 minutes and then fails. right this moment i can not access site, phpmyadmin, cpanel and ftp. times out, while internet works perfectly.

please see some log files if possible and tell me if you even see me connecting.

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 09:02:45
Hello Sethioz,

Please copy/paste the log from your FTP client so we can check on this.

Contact us for a consultation or with any additional questions you may have.

Very Truly Yours,
Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 09:08:40
[17:04:33] SmartFTP v4.0.1137.0
[17:04:33] Resolving host name "x.x.x.x"
[17:04:33] Connecting to x.x.x.x Port: 21
[17:04:33] Connected to x.x.x.x.
[17:04:33] 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
[17:04:33] 220-You are user number 7 of 150 allowed.
[17:04:33] 220-Local time is now 08:04. Server port: 21.
[17:04:33] 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
[17:04:33] 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
[17:04:33] USER sethiozn
[17:04:34] 331 User sethiozn OK. Password required
[17:04:34] PASS (hidden)
[17:04:34] 230-User sethiozn has group access to: sethiozn
[17:04:34] 230 OK. Current restricted directory is /
[17:04:34] SYST
[17:04:34] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[17:04:34] Detected Server Type: UNIX
[17:04:34] RTT: 196.494 ms
[17:04:34] FEAT
[17:04:34] 211-Extensions supported:
[17:04:34] EPRT
[17:04:34] IDLE
[17:04:34] MDTM
[17:04:34] SIZE
[17:04:34] REST STREAM
[17:04:34] MLST type*;size*;sizd*;modify*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.uid*;UNIX.gid*;unique*;
[17:04:34] MLSD
[17:04:34] AUTH TLS
[17:04:34] PBSZ
[17:04:34] PROT
[17:04:34] ESTA
[17:04:34] PASV
[17:04:34] EPSV
[17:04:34] SPSV
[17:04:34] ESTP
[17:04:34] 211 End.
[17:04:34] Detected Server Software: PureFTPd
[17:04:34] PWD
[17:04:34] 257 "/" is your current location
[17:04:35] CWD /public_html
[17:04:35] 250 OK. Current directory is /public_html
[17:04:35] PWD
[17:04:35] 257 "/public_html" is your current location
[17:04:35] TYPE A
[17:04:35] 200 TYPE is now ASCII
[17:04:35] PASV
[17:04:35] 227 Entering Passive Mode (x.x.x.x,147,154)
[17:04:35] Opening data connection to x.x.x.x Port: 37786
[17:04:35] MLSD
[17:04:36] 150 Accepted data connection
[17:04:36] 226-Options: -a -l
[17:04:36] 226 89 matches total
[17:04:36] 10494 bytes transferred. (16.2 KB/s) (630 ms)
[17:05:07] NOOP
[17:05:26] Server closed connection
[17:05:26] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

here's the complete ftp log. same happens every time, and it effects site, c panel also it's really annoying and disturbing.

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 09:10:31
Hello Sethioz,

I see this is because you are using FTP for too long without ant actions. This is only because of that as our server is set to disconnect all unused connections.

We look forward to being of service.

Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 09:14:53
uh..i am 100% positive that it "looses" connection While downloading, so it Must be some kind of flood protection as it Effects the Control panel and everything in same time, could you Please take a look into it more closely

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 09:30:03
Linas go away and let me talk to Balys :)
as you have noticed, its 2 different ppl here right now (owner and admin), we both have SAME problem. we both administrate the site and content.

FTP causes it, but it is not a disconnect, it looses the connection in middle of download and unable to connect again.

IF it is FTP, then why can i not acces CPANEL, PHPMYADMIN and SITE either ? its not only FTP that times out, its all these i just mentioned too.

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 09:31:05
Hello Sethioz,

I did checked this, have you already set your max connections to 1 as recommended before?

Should you need more information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 09:49:08
Hello!
One Connection is not really an option, you see it would take very much time to upload files / download them, so it requires at least 4 connection, to save our time so we are able to work on site more than waiting to files to upload, i am sure you can understand it from our view too. so please a reasonable solution would be really appreciated.

question is why CPANEL, PHPMYADMIN and SITE cannot be accessed when FTP fails? this is something what needs to be solved asap.

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 10:00:51
Hello Sethioz,

Let me explain you more clearly why this is happening.
Our server is set to handle max 8 user connections, however, one your FTP client keeps connecting to the server very fast using 4 connections, not all of the connections disconnects that fast and overfloods the server, in this time server gets more than 8 user connection no matter that you are using 4. That is why it is totally disconnects you.

In this case to upload may small files zip them and upload all in one file.

Please contact us if you have further questions, comments or concerns.

Best Wishes,
Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 10:09:07
Well same thing seems to happen with 1 connection but why it keeps affecting Cpanel and everything else?

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 10:38:22
Hello Sethioz,

What do you mean via cPanel? What is the issues when you upload via file manager?

Should you need additional assistance, have further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,
Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 10:39:47
nono, i mean when FTP connection times out , i can not access Cpanel , myphp etc all falls with it.

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 10:57:01
Hello Sethioz,

It might be due to fact that server bans the IP for 5 minutes after you flood the server with too many connections.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.

Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 13:13:39
if its too many connections then it gets response "too many connection ( 8 ) from same IP" and it does NOT affect cpanel, site or phpmyadmin

Posted by Staff Member, on September 5, 2010, 13:16:32
Hello Sethioz,

That is what I was telling you from the beginning abut too many connections. Please check the reply there I have explained you why this is happening.

I hope that I have addressed all of your concerns, but please feel free to reply this ticket if you require further assistance.

Many Thanks,
Linas M.
Sales Manager

Posted by Sethioz Xyronic, on September 5, 2010, 13:42:43
omg get me a REAL tech support memeber already and stop pulling my chain and waste my time. you have wasted all day telling me nonsense. i am computer expert with over 15 years of advanced experience on every field.

i said IF (what it is NOT) would be connection limit, THEN it would say "too many connection ( 8 ) from same IP" , but its not fucking the connection limit. and IF its connection limit, then cpanel, site and phpmyadmin WORKS.

and how the hell do you think i reach connection limit with 1 connection and when its DOWNLOADING a damn file, no t connectiong, it cuts off in middle of transfer and thats it !

but this issue knocks out ALL communication between your server and my ip. just like server would not be there.

you are annoying me Linas. just let somebody else reply, please ffs i dont want to talk to you anymore.