TrueCrypt.org sold out? no more TrueCrypt

Stuff that does not fit elsewhere and also global news like corona or russki war
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

TrueCrypt.org sold out? no more TrueCrypt

Post by Sethioz »

UPDATE October 2022
First off, I'm still using TrueCrypt, works fine on Win10 and most likely will work on Win11 too (but I strongly suggest NEVER to use win11).
I just wanted to add an update, I did quick research on what happened to TrueCrypt and it seems like they made an announcement that there are some serious security flaws and you should immediately cease using TC as it's no longer secure and can be cracked easily.

NOT TRUE! Since TC was/is open source, there were some independent researchers / programmers who did their own research and no such flaws were ever found.

My assumption, is that government/s bought it off, probably FBI or CIA and they were the ones trying to derail people with false news and trying to get as many people as possible, to stop using it.
For a very long time they kept truecrypt.org running with a BIG RED WARNING saying "WARNING: Using TrueCrypt is not secure". Now you can see that same primitive page on https://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/
Which is not true at all. TrueCrypt is still perfectly safe to use and there's NO way that anyone can access your data without your password. Exception being if your PC is turned on, then encryption key could be harvested from RAM (which I have demonstrated on my youtube channel). However even if your PC is locked, it's near impossible to access RAM. There are some serious forensic methods, for example it is possible to freeze RAM using liquid nitrogen and then quickly pull it out and put it into forensic "PC", so there shouldn't be any data loss and then that forensic PC can make a full dump of RAM and extract encryption key from there, but if your PC is turned off, there's no possible way to access any of your data that is protected by truecrypt (full encryption).

Suspicion number one - If owners of TC really did discontinue it, then why would they keep the website up and running for years after? It's been finally taken down, but it was up and running for many years even after they discontinued it. I even checked domain history and they updated it yearly, so you can't say they paid up ahead for 10-20 years, not true.

So clearly it was bought off by FBI or CIA or some other agency like that and they put that notice there, in fact that notice also said that you should use bitlocker .. which is literally worst shit ever. bitlocker doesn't even fully encrypt your drive, if you have access to someone's PC, you can take the drive out and extract the encryption keys. All this just screams that governments bought it off and are purposly misleading people to believe that bitlocker is secuer and truecrypt is not.

This is the pathetic world we're living in, government saw TrueCrypt as a threat, because they couldn't decrypt some terrorist's PC that they ceased, CIA tried for like 2 years and couldn't crack it. This was also the case that TC website used to brag with, they used this as their "advert" on their front page to show just how good their encryption really is. Governments had enough of it, so they treating it as it was Freddy Krueger and trying to make people forget it ever existed.

DON'T BELIEVE THEIR STUPID LIES! FUCK GOVERNMENTS AND THEIR IDIOTIC LIES! FUCKING GOD WANNABES.

ORIGINAL POST

TrueCrypt project was terminated, wtf I didn't know! They're saying it is because microsoft no longer supports XP and that win7 and later have a built-in encryption tools that are as good.
I think that TrueCrypt sold out to microsoft and/or governments, I think that the REAL reason behind the termination of the project, was that too many terrorists and criminals were using TrueCrypt encrypted ghost drives, drives and containers and governments were not able to break them, so they threw shit loads of money towards truecrypt team and told them to terminate the project with some bullshit reason. This is so crystal clear. They're saying that Bitlocker is as good (included in win7 and later).
as far as I've heard, bitlocker and other tools have many flaws, they may protect your personal data, but TrueCrypt maximizes privacy and it can create a "ghost drive" where "possible deniability" is possible, where you can have 2 operating systems / partitions, where one of them is a ghost system and it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to tell if it exists, it's how TrueCrypt works. So if you have some seriously private / top secret data, there is no way to even tell if you have it or not. I don't know of any other tools that can provide such protection. To me it is quite clear that they sold out and put some bs up on their domain.
I wouldn't even trust my phone number to be protected by bitlocker!
Anywayz, I put the last version of TrueCrypt up on my site for those who want/need it.

Even their message says it all, the WARNING that truecrypt may contain exploits / vulnerabilites and may not be safe anymore, that says it all .. that it is bunch of bs. TrueCrypt has never been compromised and probably never will be, only way is to brute-force the password or key and it will take 100+ years even on ALL the PCs in the whole world.
In fact they used to have one of the FBI's case on their site as a "bragging right", where they talked about one of the FBI's case, where FBI got a hold of some PC/s that belonged to some terrorists and it was encrypted with truecrypt, they threw everything they had at it and could not crack it within 2 years.

You seriously believe that microsoft would actually make a tool that gives FULL CONTROL to the user? HAHAHAHAHHA NEVER!!!! They spy on your ever step.

This is how governments fight terrorists and criminals, by slowly eliminating their means to fight back. I bet that after 10 years there will be only ppl like me, who still remember and use TrueCrypt, while all the new age punks and brats who think they are badass hackers, will be using shit like bitlocker which can be compromised.

Download TrueCrypt 7.1a

UPDATE
Good news, seems like truecrypt has been continued by different people and under new name "VeraCrypt". Google it up.
It's identical to truecrypt, works in windows 8 and windows 10 and it can mount truecrypt containers too.
Anyone who knows how to use truecrypt, will know how to use veracrypt, like i said, it's exactly same, only with new name and new image. interface and features are same.
VeraCrypt has some fixes and extra features tho, like you can skip the "burn the rescue disk" which i found annoying, cuz i'm not an idiot, i can store the rescue disk somewhere.
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Re: TrueCrypt.org sold out? no more TrueCrypt

Post by Sethioz »

I just wanted to tell you all "I told you so"
Look at windows 11, it's complete spyware and you're no longer in control, windows 11 controls your encryption keys and they're uploaded to cloud, so it means if FBI or other government agency sends request to microSHIT, they WILL give out your encryption keys.
So if you're trusting microSHIT's encryption, then you're not in control of your data, microSHIT is!

I saw it coming years ago, look when my first post about it was made (2014), I knew that governments and microSHIT are preparing for mass control and there it is -- windows 11.
I bet windows 11 is specifically designed to eat out truecrypt and veracrypt, so they won't even work and it won't be easy to make a bypass, because they have probably made specific blacklists for their drivers and files.

I suggest stay as far from GAYdows 11 as possible, because you literally don't own your data. microSHIT can see everything you do, you MUST have online account and you MUST have shit like secure boot, they have even made that only certain motherboards (ones that support root level spyware) are only able to run windows 11.

Give it another 10-15 years and it will be far worse. I'm calling it now, next windows after 11, will be complete mass control. governments will be running your life, so if you say even 1 bad word, then next day you have some eyerolling autistic fagged up snowflakes behind your door, calling themselves "snowflake police" and they will arrest you because you said 1 "bad" word online.

But never forget, if you push people into point of desperation, they WILL fight back! I think linux will be more popular and windows will be OS of the retards who like to be controlled like sheep. I'd never run my PC without truecrypt, I don't trust anyone. I only feel safe when my data is encrypted and only one able to decrypt it, is ME.