Sethioz YouTube videos getting ripped off and then banned

Stuff that does not fit elsewhere and also global news like corona or russki war
Sethioz
Admin
Admin
Custom: Gaming YT > https://youtube.com/SethiozEntertainment
Game Hacking YT > https://youtube.com/sethioz
Game Hacks Store > https://sethioz.com/shopz

Sethioz YouTube videos getting ripped off and then banned

Post by Sethioz »

2022 update:
As you can see, I'm still making trainers and it's fine! Youtube did have some ban mania around 2018 or 2019, where they banned several hack-related channels (including guided hacking), but they reversed the decision. Most of them got their channels back. My channel was uneffected, but I did take steps and replaced some words like hack with mod, but I have reversed most of them as youtube is ok with it again, they realized just how dumb that decision was in the first place.

Another amazing update that youtube added around that time (2018 or so) is the automatic copyright detection tool, it looks like this:
Lot of dumb kids nowdays don't even realize that youtube has such feature, because it's only available for trusted channels that haven't violated terms in past and I think there's some subscriber limit too that you must first reach before it becomes available, not sure.
It's not perfect and from what I understand, it scans ALL videos upon upload, so if you try to upload copyright material, it will get detected before your video is even live. Most people think copyright is dealt with manually, but you're wrong .. most of the process is automated. You can always send a manual detection too if tool haven't detected it (like part of your video is in a compilation or something), but it works very well for soundtracks / music, they instantly get detected upon upload. You will NOT get punished for this, you only get a notification. If owner has turned on the "prevent future copies" option, then you won't even be able to publish the video. Your video instantly gets blocked (no punishment).

This system is also crawler-based, as you may guess .. there are billions of videos on youtube and I assume such system needs to analyze each video file and compare it against all the others .. which requires huge amounts of processing power and time, even with youtube's resources, such process takes lot of time. It's basically like bruteforce cracking a password, it's time taking and resource hungry process.
So if you steal some old video and don't get instant copyright, it's because youtube's scanner hasn't reached it yet.
As everything else on youtube, the tool is biased and it prefers bigger channels above others. I have 2 main channels and the one with more subs and views got the tool about year before the other channel.

So that said, I will leave the original post below and I'd like to add that around the time I made the post, copyright (video stealing) was serious issue on youtube and this is ONE change that I really agree with on youtube. They've done great job eating out those thieves who just stole content and made profits from it. It still happens every now and then, but much less. Some even complain that youtube is too strict, but I never had issues. I had one copyright strike on my old channel and it was my own fault, I didn't properly read thru the terms. It was a song that played in public place and I filed a counter claim, saying I recorded the video in public place and got a strike for it. Otherwise I have never had any issues with youtube's copyright terms.

Only complaint I have, is that it's still possible to abuse the copyright tool by manually sending claims.
FIRST big issue, is that if I make manual claim that is fake, then youtube will first take down the content that claim is against and THEN they ask both sides to decide their next move, if both disagree and say that other is wrong, then youtube will ask both parties to send evidence that they own the copyrights (this does NOT apply to video stealing, whoever uploads content first has the rights, unless it has other ownership issues). While they are investigating and waiting for evidence, your video will remain unavailable.
SECOND issue, is that if you know what you're doing, you can simply fake the evidence that you own the copyrights and youtube will the falsely take down the video.
This happened with one old soundtrack from an old 007 game, think it was on Sega or NES. I used it on one of my videos and years later someone claimed it, it didn't give a copyright strike or anything, it simply made all revenue from video to go to the "owner" of the soundtrack.
I seeked out the actual author of the song and contacted him, he was like 70+, so you can imagine he didn't know much about youtube and all that. He said he has written music to many video games in past and definetely never given permit to the company/person that is claiming it's theirs. I sent him all the evidence and names.
So basically what had happened, is that those scammers just stole the copyrights and claimed those soundtracks as their own using fake evidence.
I've noticed more of those cases, but if you report it to youtube and follow-up on it, they usually deal with it quite fast. I've come across some of those soundtrack thieves every now and then, if you file a counter claim and explain in detail that this claim is made by a scammer who doesn't own the rights to that material, then youtube usually deals with it.
Even tho I've seen quite a lot of such cases, they also disappear after some weeks. There was some scammer who claimed audio+visual content from game "Beyond: Two Souls". I made a walkthru on it back when it first came out and shortly after some scammer started claiming all the footage as their own. This is not about copyright strikes, it's about claiming revenue from the content and if you file counter claim and they disagree, then you may get a copyright strike.

So in that case, I contacted official game publishers and asked if I'm allowed to make youtube videos of the game as it appears and also showed them screenshots of the claims and asked if those are legit, they said that you're allowed to make gameplay videos and that those claims are not made by them. So I opened a counter claim and sent youtube all that info, including screenshots of those emails that I had exchanged with the official company and asked youtube to confirm with them if necessary. couple weeks after that, all those claims disappeared.

All in all, I think youtube is very fair with copyright. Just don't steal content and you're good to go, it can be bit harsh finding proper soundtracks for your videos tho, but there are some royalty free ones available and if you become partner with one of the MCNs (Multi-Channel Network), then they usually provide big library of soundtracks you're able to use. I use EpidemicSound as it's part of my partnership and they have huge library. Also the way it works, is that if you're no longer partner, they won't claim the videos you have already released, they will remain untouched, only new uploads will have copyright issues if you're no longer partnered. Anyway I think EpidemicSound is the biggest soundtrack provider, I have heard their soundtracks on many, many videos. From some clown-tubers up to documentaries.

ORIGINAL POST:
This is more like a warning, please stop ripping off my videos, it won't end well for you and your channel. In past 2 weeks i asked youtube to take down 2 of those rip off videos, so thinking that "oh he makes trainers its illegal lets rip it off and put a virus in download" will only get you banned from youtube.
Game Trainers are NOT illegal, youtube is a living proof of that, they will check my video and then check the video i report, so clearly they are not concerned of those videos being game hack videos.

If you're one of them ripping off my stuff, i will link you this thread and report on youtube and usually within 24h your channel will be banned, yes the entire channel, not just the video. Youtube takes copyright very seriously and if you rip off whole video from start to end, they will ban your whole channel, because re-uploading somebody's video is against their terms.

Here are couple of videos that has been removed because of copyright infraction and also proof that youtube WILL ban you for this.

I take this very seriously too, so stop ripping off my videos and make your own, you silly sour lemons.