[Discussion] Thoughts

Stuff that does not fit elsewhere and also global news like corona or russki war
ronokae
Allie
Allie

[Discussion] Thoughts

Post by ronokae »

Well since we're all hackers and thinkers here on some lower or higher level, surely we have our own thoughts and opinions on things.

That being said I'm curious, lets hit a couple of topics, day by day, and see where the discussion goes yeah?

To begin, I'll ask the masses what would they like to discuss:

Religion & Occult,
Politics and Society,
Computers and Electronics/cars,
etc,etc...

Pick a topic, and lets shoot off guys, I especially want Seth's intake on a lot of this; He thinks different.
Legu
Allie
Allie

Re: [Discussion] Thoughts

Post by Legu »

I think u should pick a topic. All of the upon mentioned ones are difficult and complex so choosing one isnt easy neither.
ronokae
Allie
Allie

Post by ronokae »

Alright, say we start with something we can enlarge. Perhaps we should start with something that is semi-broad, then expand or narrow.

So, I've studied this philosopher named "Ayn Rand",
she came up with the concept "Objectivism/Individualism"
basically she believes all men are selfish, and that the ultimate goal in life is to achieve happiness through working in your own efforts for your own sake. She rejects the "common good" and it's insitutions and associations e.g altruism, philanthropy, Medicare, Welfare insititutions, etc.

To put a twist on this I will say this: My point in discusisng her isn't to talk about her specific philosophy,
but to discuss why she created it, George Santayana argues that human philosophy is invalid (Skepticism and Animal faith), according to him, we simply create dogmas and philosophies to make life more "comfortable", to have some object to stand on and some point of view to emphasize,

So I want to see some arguements: Is there a such thing as philosophy (as related to morality, ethics, etc) or are we making things up just to make life seem sensible and fit for ourselves and our environment?
KEN
Special
Special

Post by KEN »

ronokae wrote: Is there a such thing as philosophy (as related to morality, ethics, etc) or are we making things up just to make life seem sensible and fit for ourselves and our environment?
we make things up just to make life seem sensible.. we just stick to when we know and understand and label it "reality"..but knowledge and understanding are ambigious.. We are more messed up than we can think of.
ronokae
Allie
Allie

Post by ronokae »

KEN wrote: we make things up just to make life seem sensible
Okay well I will do a double side argument.

You say We make it up.

Well if we make it up wouldn't it be real?

Think about it. We create words, perhaps the noises we make are just primitive animal noises, if an alien race was to come to us they would see a bunch of meat bags, making noises to each other.

However WE, we understand this. So isn't it a paradox to say, we make things up, yet what we simply make up is what we know?

For instance the number 2.
it's just a symbol to represent how many of something there is.
now when earth was created, the soul of the world did not implement "2" into our human born heads when we evolved.
however, we created it as a concept. and it is valid because universally, 2 is still 2, no matter what language it is said in.
therefore two is real, is it not?
Legu
Allie
Allie

Post by Legu »

2 is 2 for us, in this universe, with the laws we know. In another universe it might be different at all. Dont to mention the fact that we only think in "3d". And the maxium ammount of abilities can be represented in a 10D instance. 11th Dimention ofc is impossible, because the 10th already handles every possible outcome from every possible universe with every possible timeline at any given (x,y,z). Now bk to the theme. For you as an entitiy everything seems to be real that happens to you. Like Buddha said " What we think, we become". Now i have a question to you guyz. When we die, do we die, or does the world die for us? At first it might seem to be the same, but if u think about it, there is a huge difference. When u die, the world keeps on living WITHOUT u. Now if the world dies for you, you keep on LIVING without the world you know. I dont even know what is worse.