Resident Evil 5 (RE5 / RE 5) Hacks and Hacking
From Knowledge Database
Resident Evil 5 (RE5 or RE 5) hacks, hacking, exploits and exploiting for PC. This article explains how is possible to hack resident evil 5 game on PC (personal computer). As about console versions, there are other methods, see Hacking Console Games. In RE5 is possible to make very unique hacks, such as customizing weapons or items beyond their capabilites. Also is possible to get items and weapons that are not meant to be used by player, items like chair, hammer, molotov coctail (used by infected), speaker (used by special infected who is talking in very beginning of the game at roof) and all other items seen in RE5 game. This article does not cover multiplayer. As far as known, Sethioz is only person who have made such hacks for RE5 and he did not had legal copy of game so he was unable to test them online, however once you make an hacked item and/or weapon, it will be saved into your inventory and you should be able to share it online with others.
- Video Demonstration 1
- Village with infinite time and ammo
- Unique Weapon Hacks
- Super Weapons
- Cheat Engine
- Kiki's UCE (stealth)
- GhostKiller (stealth)
- MoonLight Engine (stealth)
- Olly Debugger
- Immunity Debugger
- Unlimited Ammo without reload
- Unlimited Ammo with reload
- Unlimited Gold
- Unlimited PTAS
- Unlimited Time in The Mercenaries mode
- Editing items/weapons. Getting any item or weapon anywhere
- Weapon upgrades
- Ultimate Inventory Editor v1.0 - This trainer allows player to edit inventory and get any weapon / item listed here and what not.
- +2 Trainer - this trainer gives unlimited time on mercenaries mode and also lots of ammo into any weapon.
- Ultimate Weapon / Item Editor v1.0 - Finally this long waited trainer is now available. This trainers allows player to editor weapon stats and also get any item / weapon while in-game action. Infinite ammo, Rapid Fire, Fast Reload, 100% criticals ..etc
How to get Olly Debugger working
- Is needed to download and install Phant0m Plugin for Olly in order to debug RE5. otherwise game will crash.
Unlimited ammo with and without reload
- can be done by following Unlimited Ammo Hack article.
- here is EasyWrite script to be used in Tsearch to get lots of ammo
- upper box in easywrite
offset 0x427DE64 mov dword ptr [ECX+8],0xFFFF ret offset 0xC137CF call 0x427DE64
- bottom box in easywrite
offset 0xC137CF hex 89410833C0
Unlimited Gold and PTAS
can be done by following Basic Game Hacking article
- PTAS and Gold are located near eachother in game's memory. Once you have found gold, you can add +4 to the address of Gold and you will get PTAS. here are examples:
- address of gold
then address of PTAS would be
Unlimited Time in The Mercenaries mode
- here is used Tsearch to make the time hack
- first see Time Hacking, but here are RE5 specific time hack
- while game is paused, it is not possible to do "not changed" search, because time value changes little bit up and down, while paused. so doing "not changed" would give false results.
- time in RE5 can be found using 4 bytes search mode in Tsearch.
- here are two values to help find it easier, however these are not exact values.
time of 0.37.20 is 360079622 on 4 bytes time of 1.32.60 is 3110325254 on 4 bytes
- in order to use those values, it is needed to make "ranged" search
- here is example when time shows 1.32.60
ranged from 3110000000 to 3120000000
- once done, let time go down to 0.37.20
- made is another ranged search, like so
ranged from 36000000 to 37000000
- once time address has been found, it is necessary to put breakpoint on it, using Olly Debugger (see it in order to learn how breakpoints can be found) (tsearch, cheat engine and such will not work)
- Once breakpoint has been found, is written ASM script in order to set the time to 00.00.00
- Here is example ASM script for EasyWrite that sets and freezes time on 00.00.00
offset 0x427DEE4 // find empty space in memory and replace this with your address mov dword ptr [ESI+4C8],0xFFFFFFFFFFFF // function to set and freeze timer ret offset 0x72507F // replace this with the breakpoint you found using Olly call 0x427DEE4 // calls the code that was written, has to be same as first offset
- Explanations are included in script, it can be pasted directly into EasyWrite's upper window.
- This goes into bottom window
offset 0x72507F // breakpoint of time, which you got using Olly hex F30F1186C8 // restores the original state of time
- This script can be used only when enabled and then disabled.
- It works, because it overwrites the time with a massive value, however time still runs, once disabled, then game does not know how to handle this kind of a value and goes into 00.00.00.
- In order to use this hack, it is necessary to disable this script after enabling, only then time will be 00.00.00
Editing items and weapons
- It is possible to get any weapon anywhere, even on mercenaries mode, it is also possible to create new items into your attachcase.
first an explanation how you can find the item in the item management (attach case).
- it is necessary to go into the "item management"
- 2 bytes of data are allocated to manage weapons and items in game's memory, here's example
- first byte is item/weapon and 2nd byte is category.
- categorys are as follows:
01 = weapons 02 = ammos 03 = first aid (herbs and such) 06 = support (melee vest and bulletproof vest)
- Read Memory of Game article if you do not understand bytes and memory allocation.
- search type is on 2 bytes and this has been done
- get one of the following items first
herb green - 773 herb red - 774 handgun ammo - 513 m92f handgun - 258
- these items has been picked as example here, because you will get them at the beginning of game.
- now is possible to find any attach slot you want
- put one of the items into the desired slot (one you want to find)
- search for the proper value
- example how to find upper left box
- example is done by using Tsearch
- put green herb into upper left box
- search for 773 on 2 bytes
- move green herb and put m92f handgun into upper left box
- filter for 258
- Follow Basic Game Hacking for more info.
- once found, remove the item from that box, leaving it empty.
- now it is possible to write any item/weapon into that box.
- Alternative method
- if you have only the handgun at beginning of the game, you can do the following
- search for 258 (2 bytes, NOT 1 or 4)
- now move handgun into other slot and filter for 0
- move handgun back into same slot and search for 258 again
- keep doing that until you find the right address
- It is necessary to set item/weapon category, before using the following or the weapon/item will not appear as at is should or does not appear at all.
- example. if m92f is 2 in 1byte, then category must be 01. in hex it would look like this
- and if you convert it into dec, it is 258 (game's memory is other way around)
- when is used 2 bytes for weapon, then it is not necessary to set category, because it is overwritten by 2 bytes.
- It is very important to read about Memory HEX Editor and Memory of Game before proceeding with this hack.
- List of Items and Weapons
- dec - 1byte (when used in Tsearch's cheatlist, address is set to 1 byte)
1 - 2 - m92f pistol 3 - vz61 mg 4 - ithaca m37 sg 5 - s75 rif 6 - hand grenade 7 - incendiary grenade 8 - flash grenade 9 - sig 556 mg 10 - proximity bomb 11 - s&w m29 mag 12 - grenade launcher (invalid) 13 - rocket launcher (no ammo ?) 14 - knife 15 - longbow (no ammo) 16 - h&k p8 pistol 17 - sig p226 pistol (no ammo) 19 - h&k mp5 mg 21 - gatling gun (no ammo) 22 - m3 sg (no ammo) 23 - jail breaker sg 25 - hydra sg 26 - L. hawk mag (no ammo) 28 - h&k psg-1 [na] 27 - s&w m500 mag 29 - ak-74 [na] 30 - m93r pistol 31 - px4 pistol 32 - dragunov svd rif 33 - flamethrower 34 - stun rod 35 - knife 36 - knife 37 - G. launcher EXP 38 - G. launcher ACD 39 - G. launcher ICE 41 - samurai edge pistol 47 - gun turret 48 - lantern 52 - L.T.D. 53 - RPG-7 NVS 54 - egg rotten 55 - hand-to-hand 56 - dummy_wp38 57 - G. launcher FLM 58 - G. launcher FLS 59 - G. launcher ELC 60 - egg white 61 - egg brown 62 - egg gold 80 - adze 81 - sickle 82 - bow gun 83 - shovel 84 - dynamite 85 - machete 86 - shotgun 87 - grenade launcher 88 - giant ax 89 - steel pipe 90 - bottle 91 - chainsaw 92 - dummy 93 - gatling gun 94 - torch 95 - spear 96 - shield 97 - shield 98 - bow 99 - shield 100 - morning star 101 - stun rod 102 - knife 103 - handgun 104 - rocket launcher 105 - adze 106 - machine gun 107 - rifle 108 - molotov coctail 109 - hand grenade 110 - flash grenade 111 - spear 112 - chair 113 - pickax 114 - club 115 - wrench 116 - bomb 117 - megaphone 118 - machine gun 119 - 144 - dummy 145 - handgun ammo 146 - machine gun ammo 147 - shotgun shells 148 - rifle ammo 150 - explosive rounds 151 - acid rounds 152 - nitrogen rounds 153 - magnum ammo 154 - rocket 155 - arrow 158 - flame rounds 159 - flash rounds 160 - electric rounds 161 - RPG round 162 - nothing 163 - herb green 164 - herb red 165 - herb x 166 - first aid spray 167 - herb green 168 - herb red 169 - herb g+g 170 - herb g+g+g 171 - herb g+r 172 - herb g+x 173 - herb g+r+x 174 - egg white 175 - egg brown 176 - egg gold 177 - nile perch 178 - nile perch big 179 - water 180 - herb x 181 - nothing 182 - gold large 183 - gold small 184 - gold bars 185 - sapphire 186 - 203 - dummy 204 - gold ring 205 - dead bride's necklace 206 - venom fang 207 - antique clock 208 - chalice silver 209 - chalice gold 210 - idol silver 211 - idol gold 212 - ceremonial mask 213 - ivory relief 214 - bettle brown 215 - jewel beetle 216 - royal necklace 217 - jewel bangle 218 - beetle gold 219 - beetle emerald green 220 - 255 dummy
- dec 2bytes (when used in Tsearch's cheatlist, address is set to 2 bytes)
308 - L.T.D. - ION targeting system 283 - s&w 500 mag 289 - flamethrower 297 - samurai edge hg 277 - minigun 278 - m3 sg 513 - handgun ammo 514 - machine gun ammo 515 - shotgun shells 516 - rifle ammo 518 - explosive rounds 519 - acid rounds 520 - nitrogen rounds 521 - magnum ammo 522 - rocket 258 - m92f hg 259 - vz61 mg 260 - ithaca m37 sg 261 - s75 rif 262 - hand grenade 263 - incendiary grenade 265 - sig 556 mg 271 - longbow 282 - l hawk mag 773 - herb green 774 - herb red 775 - herb g+g 776 - herb g+g+g 777 - herb g+r 778 - herb g+x 779 - herb g+r+x 1537 - melee vest 1542 - bulletproof vest
- If is necessary to find out what value the weapon/item is (that is currently in your attach case) then do this
- find the box in attach case
- add this address into cheatlist under 2 bytes
- move your desired weapon/item into that box and tsearch will show you the value.
- Important when you are in game, not in the management screen, then you can not find weapons like this.
- only way while in gameplay is using ammo as base address
- search for the ammo you have in clip
- once you find the address
- go into that memory position in hex view.
- here is where is mapped ammo
01 02 03 04 05 06
- 6 bytes of data, where 5th and 6th bytes are ammo in clip. so based on that, you can get the address for weapon itself.
- weapon is on 1st and 2nd byte.
- category would be "02" and weapon/item would be "01"
- first it is necessary to find ammo in clip
- this can be done by reading Unlimited Ammo Hack article
- once ammo in clip has been found, then that address can be used as base to find other things.
- here is how RE5 allocates the memory
1 byte - weapon/item 2 byte - weapon/item category 5 byte - ammo in clip/number of items 29 byte - firepower 30 byte - fire speed (works for all weapons !) 31 byte - reload speed 32 byte - capacity 34 byte - critical % (pistols only ?)
- Explanation on how to use this
- this example shows how is possible to change capacity of any weapon.
- first is necessary to find ammo in clip, see Unlimited Ammo Hack to find out how it can be done.
- now is used Tsearch's HEX view to edit the desired byte/s
- This screenshot will explain everything (see on the right)
- Documentation and Developing of Resident Evil 5 hacks also use this to ask a question about this article.
- Time Hacking
- Basic Game Hacking
- Unlimited Ammo Hack
Sethioz 02:01, 29 May 2010 (UTC)